Tuesday, December 02, 2008

dhin-thanak-dhin

It was our friends' Sangeet ceremony, last weekend. Preparations for Sangeet were on since almost a month. All girls were practising for a skit with dances inbetween. It was a very well planned skit, targeting the guys and their mannerisms. The guys were taken by a pleasant surprise with this performance. Of course, they enjoyed every bit of it. I was one among the dancers. Well, I can't hold myself from dancing, no matter what. I am not so great at it but my passion lies in dance.

Interestingly, I had pestered S to dance with me. His dancing sense is very limited (as compared to me..:D) but he's been a good sport. He agreed to it, after giving it a thought. We practised over a couple of weekends and there we were ready to perform! Just before our dance S felt a bit nervous, but but but....he did a splendid job :-) Though, he forgot few steps here and there, he covered it up quite conveniently. The cheering that we got made us more confident. S is all geared up now to give a much refined performance in the future events and so am I!

There was a certain 'priceless' moment that I had to incorporate in our dance due to some last minute changes (You know how to cover up the music between lines, when you don't wanna dance!). Being a fervent admirer of the charismatic drama in the movies, I was always fascinated by the-guy-bending-on-his-knee-and-proposing-love-act. Obviously, I stole this opportunity to make one of my secret crazy ideas come true. Yeah, S bent on his knee and popped a rose to me in front of over fifty people (read friends, who know us in and out....!) The crowd broke in oooohs and aaaahs and whistled in loud shrills. I couldn't stop but blush..:)

I simply can't get over the fact that S did the whole thing in a very romantic way, just as I had imagined :P (Right out of Mills-and-Boon). But then S had only one regret that he could not get a diamond....save it for the next time Honey! Are you listening?

And so I strike out an item in my secret wish list....zuck!!!

6 comments:

Sum said...

Ha ha ha..... Sooooooooooo Sweeeeeeeet!!!
Hey.... share the snaps with me...... waiting to see them.......

Chandu said...

oh u made S dance to your tunes! :P hmm the movie estyle.. cool

Hema said...

@Sum

Yeah Sum...will share the snaps soon :)

@Chandu
haha...true! I did make him dance to my tunes..;)

Anonymous said...

hi hema,preeti here..I visted your old blog and saw that you have moved.
:) hopes you guys are doing great.. chandu keeps me updated with all the news..
usually south indians are considered too shy to dance.. but it seems you have really enjoyed yourself :D

Hema said...

Hey Preeti!!! long long time....quite a surprise for me :)
how are you????
keep dropping by once in a while!
And yeah....I was extremely shy at one point but gradually came out of it as I have always been encouraged to dance and I just love it :D

Anonymous said...

It is really freaky to get a call at 4am.. I get scared if I hear a phone ringing at that hour! Day before the guy who stays downstairs and works in shifts, rang our doorbell at 5am by mistake!! Now we are thinking of buying some radium stickers and sticking it on our door bell,so that he can see it even when its pitch dark!

 
Copyright 2009 My little world