Monday, May 27, 2013

Birth Story of my little fellow - 2

The maternity ward was transparent with glass doors. The nurses would drop in from time to time to check my blood pressure and temperature, also to check if the baby's heartrate was okay. S and my in-laws took turns to go home and freshen up. Meanwhile, I had my lunch at around 12:00 PM. The mood lightened in the room and we relaxed a bit knowing the baby was doing good. I still had no pains.

I had my ultrasound appointment at 1:40 PM. S wheeled me downstairs to the ultrasound room. To my luck, the lady who was to take my ultrasound was probably an intern. She would see something on screen and rush to her seniors for advice. She did this forever! We kept asking her if there was something we should know. She would give us a smirk and tell us that the doctor will look into the report and talk to us. As far as she knew, it all looked fine. After a gruelling long session, we got back to the room at around 3:30 PM. I was tired and took a nap.

The nurses kept dropping by inbetween. One of the nurses told us that the doctor reviewed the ultrasound report. He did not see any issues and so, that's it for today. He was to check back on me tomorrow. He didn't even pay a visit. Expecting an uneventful night, we were still discussing about S dropping my in-laws back home. They wanted to hang around for some more time. I had called my parents while I was in labor assessment room. I tried to sound as casual as possible and told them that there was nothing to worry about. I kept calling them from time to time to inform them of the updates. They were worried.

My dinner arrived at 6:00 PM. And just when I finished it, I felt a steep pain. It didn't last long. After about 5 minutes, the pain came back. I held the bed railings hard. The pain went away again. This continued for 30 minutes and we informed it to the nurse. The nurse asked us to get back to her, if the contractions got severe and 4 minutes apart. The contractions got really severe and I was finding it hard to control. I don't even remember when I started screaming! The pains got worse at around 7:45 PM. I had been recording my contractions in my phone all this while. 7:45 PM was the last contraction that I recorded, after which I just threw my phone out and struggled in bed with the immense pain! S on one side of the bed and my MIL on the other side tried to pacify me but to no vain. The pain only got worse. This continued till after 8:00 PM when the nurse arrived. She must have heard my screams :D She checked me and made arrangements to take me to birthing suite!

She asked me to get up and sit on the wheel chair. WTH? I was going mad and crazy with pains. S and my MIL helped me somehow with the move and we were on the run the very next second. My pains were getting unbearable.

No comments:

 
Copyright 2009 My little world