It took me almost an year to finish this write up! We went to another grand trip after this and preparing ourselves for this year end vacation...It's funny how life gets busier.
Simply put, this whole place was paradise. The room was lavish with modern furniture. The pool was right outside the room. And the beach few yards away. The whole place was super designed with all beach activities, hammocks and lounges. And the resort had a sports lounge, art centre, unlimited food/beverages at any time of the day, spa, entertainment shows in the evenings and lots more!
My favorite and most memorable time was when I spent my mornings alone at the coffee bar, sipping my cappuccino away, looking at the waves in peace. Pure Bliss!
I had planned outdoor activities on alternate days so that we could laze around rest of the days, which worked out perfect for us. I had plenty of time to click pictures and take care of Bunty while we also managed to do so much during that week.
On my birthday, we went to the Dolphin park. We took turns to play with the dolphins. I wasn't sure if my body was ready for a dolphin ride, but the thrill factor pushed me. So, I simply floated on water, waiting for the dolphins to pick me up! No sooner, two baby dolphins lifted me up in the air with their beaks (supporting me underneath my foot) and took me for a super fast ride before dumping me in a big splash. I thought I sprained my back after the fall but all was well, when I got out of the water! I'll remember this super ride for the rest of my life.
On a super hot day, we chose to visit the Chichen Itza. It was a guided tour and we ended up missing from the group, for atleast 4-5 times. They had to come back searching for us. Bunty hated the weather and he was all cranked up. Poor thing was not ready to bear the heat. We took our own sweet time to explore the surroundings and luckily got back to the bus on time. That was the only strenuous day in the entire trip and we were glad that it was over.
My favorite outing was to Isla Mujeres, a beautiful tiny island off Cancun. We rented a golf cart and covered the island in about 3 hrs. Driving along the sea coast is a beautiful experience. The boat ride to and from the island was breathtaking as we got to see the blue, green, turquoise colors of the sea and the gorgeous caribbean sunset. Exactly the moments why I crave for vacations :)
Rest of the days, we lazed in the pool or played on the beach and binged on food like there was no tomorrow. The fruits were the yum part. Bunty thoroughly enjoyed playing in the pool! We got some great pictures of him in this trip. We also got few family portraits clicked.
When S and Bunty were fast asleep, I used to take off to spend some ME time. Visiting the spa refreshed me unbelievably. I also got a chance to paint again, which I had long forgotten. Love, love, loved it.
This trip is special of sorts because S tried Bungee jumping. I had goosebumps the moment he jumped. A sense of anxiety mixed with excitement. So proud of him for giving it a shot. While he jumped, I went on a joy ride over the caribbean sea, parasailing. It was a dream ride with gorgeous sights all around.
But after having a baby, our mindsets for sure have changed. Realised it when S was prepping himself for this feat. We are definitely not in a frame of mind to dare such stunts without thinking through a million times. Parenthood, I say!
Towards the end of the trip, we were so pampered and royally spoilt at the resort that I almost cried while leaving the place. The Mexico trip was a super hit and we got so confident traveling with Bunty that we went on a Europe tour for 3 weeks with him in September this year. I must say, he is one little happy traveller...touchwood!
More about the Europe tour in future posts, when I get free again!
No comments:
Post a Comment